- AGI-Shorewood: Unchartered 3 – Drake’s Deception for Playstation 3
- Benson Group: Jordans Superberry Museli
- Chesapeake Branded Packaging: Hendrick’s Curiositorium Gift Pack
- Contego Packaging: Fuller Longer Italian Style Chicken & Pesto Flatbread
- Design Futures, Sheffield Hallam University: Fancie Cupcake Cradle
- HAVI Global Solutions Packaging Technology Integrated Solutions: McDonald’s Wrap
- Premier Foods: Batchelors Deli Box Noodles
Design Futures, Sheffield Hallam University – Fancie Cupcake Cradle
Sometimes it’s the simple things in life that matter, and this year’s winner shows that the same can be true for packaging. Design Futures came up with this ‘cradle’ for local start-up cupcake retailer Fancie after being challenged to create a pack for the product that would be easy for staff to assemble, would promote the brand and would be intuitive for the consumer – as well as protecting the product. Printed in just one colour and make from a single sheet of board, the pack wowed our judges; one said it was “stunning” and had “huge potential to expand into other categories”. While cost-effectiveness of the pack was also a winning factor for the judges, the fact that it had the magic combination of being “innovative, convenient and different” pushed it to the top of this category.
Chesapeake Branded Packaging – Hendricks Curiositorium Gift Pack
Just pipped to the top spot by a pack that could not have been more different, Chesapeake’s creation for a limited-edition run of gin brand Hendrick’s demonstrates just how packaging can bring excitement and fun to a product. Judges were bowled over by what one described as the “stunning theatre” of this pack, which was designed to resemble a Victorian fairground theatre, with curtains and two pop-out wings. A beautiful and innovative creation.
Sponsored by Stehlin Hostag Ink UK